This fudgy brownie recipe makes best chocolate brownies. They are chewy, soft, chocolaty, and just taste great. This recipe for brownies requires a rather large amount of chocolate, but that just makes them taste so good.
Don't get scared by the amount. This chocolate brownie recipe makes about 32 brownies and other recipes that require less chocolate make only 9 or 16. My directions how to make brownies are clear and I hope that the picture will encourage you to try this chocolate brownie recipe.
• 2 cups of sugar (400 g)
• 6 large eggs
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups of flour (200 g)
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt ( you can add less if you like)
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• 1 cup of butter (226 g)
• 1 1/2 lbs semisweet chocolate(680 g)
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
• Butter a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking pan and line it with parchment paper. I used a pan that goes directly into my oven.
• Melt the chocolate and the butter in a bowl suspended over simmering water.
• In your mixing bowl, mix the eggs and sugar.
• Add the melted chocolate and the vanilla extract.
• Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and mix well.
• Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes.
Test for doneness after 30 minutes. When the inserted toothpick comes out with little crumbs, then the brownies are done. You should not over bake them as that will make them dry. When the toothpick comes out completely clean then you've over baked the brownies. So, you need to find the right time that works for you and your oven.
These chocolate fudgy brownies taste best after at least one day of setting in a fridge. You can keep them up to a week in a fridge, but if you have company, you will not be able to keep them that long. I make them always when we go skiing and they make the perfect dessert after a hard day of sport.
Return from fudgy brownie page to brownie recipes collection.
Return from fudgy brownie page to easy homemade cake recipes homepage