Recipe for Cheesecake with Chocolate
Easy Cheese Cake Recipe for Best Chocolate Cheesecake
This recipe for cheesecake is my son’s favorite chocolate cheesecake. He eats it every week on Friday when we go to music school.
My chocolate cheesecake recipe is a little different than the one we always buy at the school café. This easy cheese cake recipe makes a cake with crunchy top, soft cheese filling and a crunchy bottom.
This easy cheese cake recipe uses quark (white cheese, smooth like ricotta, little sour) as a main ingredient. Quark, or white cheese, is not easy to get in the USA.
The Vermont Butter and Cheese Company makes quark in the US and some supermarkets carry it, but one can substitute the quark with a ricotta and sour cream mixture.
If you cannot buy quark in your local food store, then you can take 50 grams of sour cream and 450 grams of ricotta and blend it well.
I hope that you will enjoy this recipe for cheesecake.
Recipe for Cheesecake
For the bottom and the crumbs of the cheesecake:
• 400 g flour (2 2/3 cups)
• 180-200 g butter (6.3 – 7 oz)
• 200 g sugar (1 cup)
• 40 g cacao (1.4 oz)
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon of baking powder
• 500 g quark (1.1 lbs)
• 250 g sugar (1 ¼ cup)
• 200 g butter (7 oz)
• 3 eggs
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
• 1 pack of European vanilla pudding (37 g – 1.3 oz)
Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F)
Prepare the dough:
• Whip the butter until light and fluffy; add the flour, sugar, egg, cacao, and the baking powder. Knead the dough using the hook attachment of the mixer. You can also use your hands, if you like.
Prepare the cheesecake filling:
• Whip the butter until light and fluffy.
• Add the quark, sugar, eggs, vanilla pudding, and vanilla sugar. Mix well.
Prepare the cheesecake:
• Divide the dough into 2/3 and 1/3 parts. Roll the larger part out and place into a round 26cm form. Cover also the sides of the form.
• Pour the cheesecake filling onto the dough.
• Place large crumbs made from the rest of the dough on top of the cheesecake filling.
• Bake in the middle of the oven at 180°C (355°F) for 60 minutes.
Click here to rate this easy cheese cake recipe
Return from Recipe for Cheesecake to Cheese Cake Recipes
Return from Easy Cheese Cake Recipe to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage