German Meringue Cookie Recipe with Pictures
German Christmas Cookies Recipes
This meringue cookie recipe is for hazelnut lovers as it calls for plenty of grounded hazelnuts. All my cookie recipes come with pictures, and these cookies are no exception.
I have plenty of German Christmas cookies recipes since my mom-in-law gave all of hers to me. She had to make sure that I bake plenty of different German Christmas cookies.
These meringue cookies are simple to make, but I recommend buying grounded hazelnuts, not grinding them yourself. I once grounded them myself, and when it came to making them with a deco bag, the nuts clogged my tip.
I guess, my machine didn’t ground them 100% and that significantly made more work in the end. If you buy them grounded you can be sure that the batter will flow through the opening of the tip and you will be able to make the cookies in no time.
I hope that you will enjoy these German Christmas meringue cookies.
Meringue Cookies (Haselnussmakronen)
For the meringue cookies:
• 2 egg whites
• 140 g grounded hazelnuts (4.9 oz)
• 120 g powdered sugar (4.2 oz)
Preheat oven to 140°C – 285°F
How to prepare the meringue cookies:
• Whip the whites and the sugar until stiff peaks form when the beater is slightly raised.
• Add the hazelnuts and mix well.
• Transfer the batter to a deco bag with a star tip.
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
• Make nice heaps on parchment paper, leaving some distance between and bake at 140°C (285°C) for 25-30 minutes
Click here to rate these easy cookies
Return from Meringue Cookie Recipe to Easy Kids Christmas Cookies Recipes
Return from Meringue Cookies to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage