Marinated Barbequed Vegetables
* 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
* 2 small red peppers, seeded and cut into wide strips
* 3 zucchinis, sliced
* 6 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1. Place eggplant, red bell peppers, zucchinis and fresh mushrooms in a medium bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, basil and garlic. Pour the mixture over the vegetables, cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
4. Place vegetables directly on the grill or on skewers. Cook on the prepared grill two to three minutes per side, brushing frequently with the marinade, or to desired doneness.