Simple and Quick Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Need easy kids Christmas cookies recipes? Try this delicious chocolate dessert
I have this chocolate cookies recipe from my good German Friend who is crazy about baking cookies. I was looking for easy kids Christmas cookies recipes and when I tried this one, I fell in love with it.
These chocolate bars make perfect little snacks for school or for a trip to the park. If you are searching for different chocolate desserts, then this recipe should be in your baking recipe collection.
You need to be able to grind chocolate in order to bake these cookies. I have an attachment to my table top machine which makes this easy, but you could also use hand powered parmesan grinder.
It is best to use high quality chocolate since the taste of these chocolate bars really depends on it. I use Milka or Lindt, since I live in Europe and these are available everywhere.
I hope that you will enjoy this chocolate cookies recipe as much as my family does.
Chocolate Cookies Recipe
For the cookies:
• 250 grams of bittersweet chocolate ( 8.8 oz)
• 250 g of grounded almonds (8.8 oz)
• 100 g flour (3.5 oz)
• 250 g butter at room temperature(8.8 oz)
• 125 g sugar(4.4 oz)
• 6 eggs
• 100 g of semisweet chocolate couverture(3.5 oz) – if you can not buy chocolate couverture then make your own from 112 g chocolate(4 oz), 90 ml whipping cream(6 tablespoons), and 15 g ( 1 tablespoon) of butter.
Preheat the oven to 170°C – 340°F
Prepare the cookies:
• Grind the chocolate. If you don’t have an attachment to your mixer, I suggest using a small electric food grinder and mill the chocolate with almonds. If you try to grind the chocolate separately, it will just clog. Mix some almonds and chocolate together and that should do the trick.
• Whip the butter with sugar.
• Add slowly one after another the eggs.
• Add grounded almonds, flour, and grounded chocolate.
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
• Spread the batter onto the lined cookie sheet.
• Bake for 35-40 minutes.
• Cut the hot cookie cake into stripes - 1 ½ cm wide( a little more than 1/5 inch) and 4-5 cm long (2 inch).
• Let them cool off and then remove them from the parchment paper.
• Melt the couverture and smear it on top of the chocolate bars. If you don’t have readymade couverture, then heat 90 ml (6 tablespoons)of whipping cream with 1 tablespoon of butter and bring it to boil. Remove from heat and add 112 g (4 oz) of chopped chocolate. Let sit for a while (about 5 minutes) and then whisk until smooth.
Click here to rate this easy cookies recipe
Return from Chocolate Cookies Recipe to Easy Cookies
Return to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage