Easy Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Try my rich chocolate cake recipe!
This chocolate cheesecake recipe delivers a delicious, creamy, and smooth cake. There are many chocolate cheese cake recipes and this one is one of the best.
This chocolate cheesecake actually is not that heavy, even though it is rich. It is just right. It is fluffy and it just melts in your mouth. In comparison, my white chocolate cheesecake is richer.
This chocolate cheesecake looks impressive, but in reality it is very simple to make. You just add the ingredients one after one to the same bowl. The chocolate cover has a messy look and that also simplifies the work.
You don’t have to concentrate too much or have a steady hand. My whole family loves this cake and my mom-in-law took over the recipe.
If you like, you can substitute the base of the cheesecake with short bread. You just need to add a tablespoon of cocoa to the dough, so that it turns brown. I recommend baking the shortbread base before pouring the cake mixture onto it.
Try this delicious and easy chocolate cheesecake recipe.
Easy Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
For the cake base:
• 180 g cracker crumbs (1 1/3 cups)
• 70 g butter
• 1 tablespoon of cocoa
For the cheese filling:
• 170 g bitter sweet chocolate (6 oz.)
• 460 g cream cheese (2 ½ cup)
• 150 g sugar (3/4 cup)
• 1 tablespoon of pudding powder (custard powder)
• 3 large eggs
• 3 egg yolks
• 160 ml sour cream (2/3 cup)
• ½ teaspoon of cocoa dissolved in 1 tablespoon of hot water
For the chocolate sauce:
• 90 g bittersweet chocolate (3 oz.)
• 125 ml heavy cream (1/2cup)
• 1 tablespoon of dark corn syrup or maple syrup
Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F)
Prepare the cake base:
• Grind the crackers. You can do it in a manual parmesan cheese grinder or you can place the crackers in a zip lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
• Melt the butter and add to the crackers and add the cocoa.
• Process the crumbs so that clumps form and then press the crumbs onto a bottom of a 9 inch spring form.
• Wrap outside of the form pan with aluminum foil.
Prepare the filling:
• Melt the chocolate on a steam bath (place the pot with chocolate into a larger one with boiling water and cook it until the chocolate melts).
• Beat the cheese with an electric mixer.
• Mix in the sugar, pudding powder, whole eggs, egg yolks, and then the sour cream.
• Add the cocoa dissolved in water and the melted chocolate.
• Beat the mixture to a smooth creamy batter.
Bake the cake:
• Pour the cake batter onto the cracker base.
• Place the aluminum foil wrapped pan into a large oven proof pan. Pour hot water into the large pan until it reaches ½ inch up the sides of the pan.
• Place both pans into the oven and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
• To test for doneness, gently shake the pan. The top of the cake should move as one solid piece. There should be no soapy movement in center.
• Remove from oven to cool. Refrigerate for 12 hours. Cake will set completely when refrigerated.
Prepare the chocolate sauce:
• Melt the bittersweet chocolate on a steam bath (place the pot with chocolate into a larger one with boiling water and cook it until the chocolate melts).
• Mix the melted chocolate, cream, and syrup with an electric mixer. If you like you can add sugar.
• Place the cake on a serving plate and pour the sauce on top of it. You can use a spoon or a decorating bag with a small round opening. Enjoy.
Click here to rate this recipe
Return from Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe to Cheese Cake Recipes
Return from Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage