Easy White Chocolate Frosting Recipe
Try this delicious white chocolate icing
This white chocolate frosting recipe is really easy to make. All you have to do is melt the chocolate and add to slightly beat whipped cream. I used this easy frosting recipe to make a Christmas star cake. I colored some of the white chocolate icing red and yellow and made a nice looking cake that also tasted great. This easy frosting recipe is also delicious. It is not too sweet, since there is no sugar added. It really is similar to slightly sugared whipped cream.
I can only warn you that this white chocolate icing will never be hard. It is relatively fluid, making more involved piping difficult. I frozed the iced cake, thinking that the white chocolate frosting will harden quickly. It did not. It took couple of hours before I could wrap the cake, but I still tried to avoid touching the top of the cake. So, if you decide to use this delicious white chocolate icing, keep in mind that it is best to eat the cake right away. Enjoy my easy white chocolate icing recipe.
Easy White Chocolate Icing Recipe
For the white chocolate icing:
• 1 cup of whipping cream (250 ml) (taken from the fridge)
• 3 oz. of white chocolate (85 g)
How to make the white chocolate icing:
• Place ¼ of a cup of whipping cream and the chocolate broken into small pieces in a bowl suspended over simmering water.
• Stir the chocolate constantly until most of the chocolate has dissolved. Take it off the heat and continue stirring until all the chocolate has dissolved.
• Cool it off to room temperature stirring constantly.
• Whip the rest of the whipping cream until soft peaks form when the beater is raised.
• Add the cooled off melted white chocolate and beat until stiff peaks form when the beater is raised.
This white chocolate icing recipe comes from “The Cake Bible” by Rose Levy Beranbraun
Click here to rate this easy frosting recipe
Return from White Chocolate Frosting to Cake Frosting Recipes
Return from White Chocolate Icing to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage