Royal Icing Recipe Perfect For Wedding Cake.
Easy frosting recipe that makes your cake look magnificent.
This royal icing recipe is perfect as wedding cake icing, but you can use it really for any cake. It really is one of the easiest cake frosting recipes and the ready product can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
This easy frosting recipe below yields ¾ cup of beautiful icing with which you can make flowers, writing, and string work.
When you make royal icing keep in mind that you should use fresh egg whites. Fresh egg whites have a better flavor than old ones, and when beaten they are more stable and lose less volume when folded into other ingredients.
Older egg whites, might take less time to beat, they yield more volume, but are less stable, and will lose the extra volume when other ingredients are added. I also suggest avoiding using the royal icing recipe on humid days.
Since the main ingredient is sugar which absorbs water easily, the icing will turn out soft and sticky and will not set well.
For the icing:
• 1 large egg white
• 1 1/3 cups of powdered sugar, lightly spooned into cup (150 g)
Prepare the easy icing:
• Mix the egg white with the sugar using a whisk beater at low speed.
• When the sugar is wet, beat at high speed until very glossy and stiff peaks form (5-7 minutes).
• The peaks should curve slightly, if not, add more sugar.
• Use immediately to make decorations, keep the rest of the icing in a bowl covered with a damp cloth.
• This icing crusts and hardens quickly when exposed to air.
Royal Icing with Chocolate
• Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the powdered sugar.
I hope that you will enjoy these cake frosting recipes. These recipes came from “The Cake Bible” by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Click here to rate this easy cake frosting recipe
Return from Royal Icing Recipe to Cake Frosting Recipes
Return from Easy Frosting Recipe to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage