Easy Original Carrot Cake Recipe that makes the best cake in the world!
Try this moist carrot cake recipe for birthdays, christenings, holidays, and all other special occasions.
I have this original carrot cake recipe from my sister-in-law. My mom came back from the States and said that she ate the most delicious and moist carrot cake recipe. I had to get it and try myself. Well, I did try it and wow! This really is the best carrot cake recipe that I tried so far.
I took it to my friend’s house for coffee and left her two pieces. Her husband vowed not to eat sweets during Lent and he broke that promise.
He could not resist, but who can, when you have a tasty and nice looking cake in front of you? I could not, but I would never vow such things as not eating sweets during Lent.
I also had fun with decorating this cake. You just have to keep in mind that the icing I give you is good for writing and making leaves, since it is not very thick.
If you want to make flowers or other shapes, you might need to add more sugar. I suggest, leaving some aside and adding more sugar to that portion of icing designated for deco.
Otherwise the cake will be too sweet. Of course if you like extreme sweet icing, then go ahead and add more sugar.
I hope that you will agree with me that this is the best carrot cake recipe.
Original Carrot Cake Recipe
For the carrot cake:
• 2 cups of sugar (400 grams)
• 1 cup of oil (250 ml)
• 4 eggs
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla
• 2 cups of flour (300 grams)
• 2 teaspoons of baking powder
• 2 teaspoons of baking soda
• 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• 3 cups of grated carrots (250 grams)
• 1 small can of crushed drained pineapple (260g net)
• 1 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds) (125 grams)
For the cream cheese icing:
• 1 stick of butter at room temperature(4 oz - 113 grams)
• 8 oz of cream cheese at room temperature(226 grams)
• 10 oz ( 285 grams) of confectioner sugar (If you want stiffer icing, use 1lb – 450 grams)
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F)
Prepare the cake batter:
• Beat sugar with oil, add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
• Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and mix well.
• Fold in carrots, pineapple, nuts.
• Grease and flour two Wilton 8-Inch Springform Pan
(20 cm) round cake pans. If you don’t have two same size pans or they don’t fit in your oven, then you can bake this cake in one 10 inch pan (26 cm).
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and bake for 30-35 minutes at 175°C (350°F). If you use one pan then you will have to bake longer, around 40-50 minutes. Check for doneness with a long toothpick before taking the cake out.
Prepare the icing:
• Whip the cream cheese with the butter, add vanilla and sugar. Mix well.
Set up the cake:
• It is best to refrigerate the cake for a while before icing it since it will pull less crumbs from the cake into the icing.
• Level the cake: cut off any peaks.
• If you plan to decorate, set aside some icing and color it with any food coloring you like.
• If you baked two cakes then all you have to do is smear some of the icing on one cake, place the other on top and ice top and sides.
• If you baked one cake, cut it into two or three layers, smear the icing on the middle layer(s) and ice the top and sides.
• Decorate the cake with the set aside icing. I made some star drops and leaves. Enjoy!
If you are looking to try out some Christmas recipes then take a look at this wonderful Yule log.
Yule Log Recipe
Now is the time to make your own mincemeat since it takes 3 to 4 weeks to mature.
Start making Christmas cookies early on! Try these gingerbread cookies which are one of my favorites.
There is nothing better than a warm apple strudel served with vanilla sauce on a cold and foggy November day!
For those with overflow of apples my Polish “szarlotka” – apple cake – is just the right solution.
Apple Cake Recipe
Here is what one happy surfer
from Canada wrote:"I was very
happy to find your website. My
mother is Polish so I was very
happy to find some of your
recipes especially the poppy
seed strudel. My mother no
longer remembers how to make
it so now I can make it for her.
Thank you very much. Jan"