Christmas German Cookie Recipes
German Cookies Recipe
These German cookie recipes are for hazelnuts lovers, since the cookies are mostly made from grounded hazelnuts. These easy Christmas cookies are also crispy and very tasty and yummy.
The original German cookies recipe calls for a crescent shape cookie cutter, I didn’t have one, so I made hazelnuts hearts. The hazelnuts half-moon cookies are a nice variation to the regular short bread cookies.
This German cookies recipe is easy to follow, making the cookies easy to make. You just need to cut them out from the dough. Kids will have fun doing it, so you can have them help you.
I hope that you will enjoy these German cookies recipe.
German Cookie Recipes (Haselnusshalbmonde)
For the easy cookies:
• ½ egg
• 190 g flour (6.7 oz)
• 100 g sugar (1/2 cup)
• 100 g butter (3.5 oz)
• 250 g grounded hazelnuts (8.2 oz)
• 1 g cinnamon
• 1 pinch of ground cloves
For the topping:
• 3 table spoons of chopped almonds
• ½ egg
Preheat oven to 180°C – 355°F
How to prepare the German cookies:
• Whip the butter and add all ingredients except for the almonds and knead to sooth dough. I recommend using the hook attachment on most mixers, but you could use your hands.
• Let the dough cool in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
• Roll the dough until 3 mm thick and cut out the cookies.
• Smear the cookies with the rest of the egg and sprinkle with almonds. If the cookie is large enough, you can set a whole hazelnut in the middle.
• Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180°C (355°F) until light yellow.
Click here to rate these easy cookies
Return from German Cookie Recipes to Easy Kids Christmas Cookies Recipes
Return from German Cookies Recipe to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage