Easter Bunny Cake Recipe With Picture
Easter Cake Recipes Ideas
I have this Easter bunny cake recipe from my German aunt. The original recipe was for an Easter lamb cake, but since the kids like bunnies better, it became a bunny recipe. This really is just a variation of a moist yellow cake recipe baked in a bunny shape form.
If you have a lamb form, then you can bake a lamb, but as I said before, a bunny worked better for us. Enjoy my Easter cake recipes.
Easter Bunny Cake Recipe
For the Easter bunny or lamb:
• 100 g soft butter (3.5 oz)
• 80 g sugar (2.8 oz)
• 1 table spoon vanilla sugar or a teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
• 1 large egg
• 1 large egg yolk
• 190 g flour (6.7 oz)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 3-5 tablespoon milk
• 1 tablespoon of shortening to smear the form
• Confectionary sugar to sprinkle the bunny/lamb
• 2 cloves for the eyes
• Special bunny/lamb baking form
Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F)
How to make an Easter Bunny:
• Beat the butter with sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
• Add the egg and the egg yolk, mix well.
• Mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the batter. Mix well.
• Add the milk, spoon by spoon until the batter slowly falls from a spoon.
• Smear the form with the shortening and flour well. Make sure that all the creases are covered.
• Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes at 180°C (355°F).
• Cool the bunny in the form for a while and then take it out from the form and let it cool off completely on a cookie rack.
• Sprinkle with powdered sugar and add the cloves to make the eyes.
Click here to rate this cake recipe
Return from Easter Bunny Cake Recipe to Easter Desserts
Return from Easter Cake Recipe to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage