Holiday Cranberry Cookie Recipe
Need Thanksgiving cookies recipes?
Try this one!
This cranberry cookie recipe is so good that you just have to give it a try. If you are looking for Holiday cookies recipes, then this one is a must. Around Thanksgiving, fresh cranberries are in the stores, making these cookies a perfect choice.
This cranberry cookie recipe is very easy to follow. The holiday cookies taste great since you have a great combination of sour and sweet.
The cranberry filling is relatively thin, giving the cookies just a touch of sourness.
I really hope that you will enjoy this delicious cranberry Thanksgiving cookies recipe.
Cranberry Cookie Recipe
For the cranberry filling:
• 8 oz (225 grams) fresh cranberries
• 2/3 cup (130 grams) sugar
• 3 tablespoons water
For the easy cookies dough:
• 2 cups (300 grams) of flour
• 2 tablespoons of corn starch (20 grams). You can substitute with potato starch.
• 1/4 tablespoon of salt
• 1 cup of butter (226 grams), at room temperature
• 1/3 cup (70 grams) light brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
Prepare the easy cranberry cookies:
• Clean the cranberries, discard the spoiled ones.
• Place the cranberries in a small sauce pot together with sugar and the water.
• Cook on medium heat until the mixture resembles a thick sauce. Take it off the heat.
• Mix the flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium size bowl.
• In your mixing bowl, cream the butter until smooth and add the sugar. Beat until well combined.
• Add the vanilla extract, and mix well.
• Add the flour mixture and gently mix it.
• Press 2/3 of the dough onto a 9x9 inch form (23 x 23 cm). If you don't have a form like that, you can draw a 9 x 9 inch square on parchment paper and place it on a cookie sheet. You can then easily spread the dough onto the square.
• Smear the dough with the cranberry filling and crumble the remaining dough with your fingers on top of the filling.
• With your palm, press slightly the crumbs into the filling.
• Bake at 375°F (190°C) for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
• Take it out from the oven and cut in 16 squares while the cake is still hot. Enjoy!
Click here to rate this easy cookies recipe
Here are the homemade cake recipe comments written by my visitors:
Jan 22, 2011
Did you enjoy this easy cake recipe? YES
Were the directions easy to follow? YES
Irena from the Poland wrote: “Instead of cranberry jam you can use as well another jam like black currant one. I add some chopped almonds to the jam and then it is even tastier.”
Return from Cranberry Cookie Recipe to Easy Cookies
Return from Thanksgiving Cookies Recipes to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage