Chocolate Glaze Recipe
Delicious chocolate frosting recipe that is quickly made
This chocolate glaze recipe is very easy to make and whoever is looking for chocolate icing recipe should try it. This chocolate frosting recipe can be stored in a fridge for 2 weeks and can be frozen for 6 months. If you want to keep the cake outside, then the chocolate glaze can stay fresh for 3 day at room temperature.
For this chocolate frosting recipe it is important to use good quality chocolate. Use the chocolate that you would eat alone. Best way to make sure that you will enjoy this chocolate icing recipe is to use your favorite semisweet or bittersweet chocolate. I suggest using 53% chocolate mass. If you use chocolate with a higher cocoa content, then you might need to use more cream.
Chocolate Icing Recipe
For the chocolate icing:
• 9 oz (255 g) of bittersweet chocolate
• 1 cup of heavy cream (250 ml)
• Optional: 1 tablespoon of Cognac
Prepare the chocolate glaze:
• Grind the chocolate in a food processor.
• Boil the cream and take it off the heat.
• Pour 3/4 of the cream on top of the chocolate.
• Allow the chocolate to melt for 5 minutes and then add the rest of the cream.
• Gently mix the mixture to avoid the building of air bubbles.
• For extra smooth glaze, pass the chocolate mixture through a fine strainer, add the optional cognac and allow to cool before applying.
This recipes came from “The Cake Bible” by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Click here to rate this easy frosting recipe
Return from Chocolate Glaze Recipe to Cake Frosting Recipes
Return Chocolate Icing Recipe to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage