Easy Cherry Cake Recipe
Try This Best Fruit Cake Based On Yellow Cake
This cherry cake recipe is really just a simple yellow cake with cherries in it. It is really a very easy cake recipe that can be done next to making dinner.
This best fruit cake tastes great and makes a great dessert. I once made this cherry cake for Sunday coffee time and it was gone in one sitting.
This easy cake recipe calls for sour cherries. You can use fresh ones but of course you need to stone them. If you use frozen ones, then you have to defrost them before and drain some of the juice.
I get my cherries from a jar and drain them completely. Since they are sitting in liquid they don’t lose all the juice while straining. That is why I recommend using cherries that come from a jar or a can.
Enjoy my cherry cake recipe.
Cherry Cake Recipe
For the cherry cake:
• 200 g flour (1 1/3 cups)
• 100 g grounded almonds (3.5 oz)
• 200 g butter (7 oz)
• 200 g powdered sugar (7 oz)
• 6 egg yolks, 1 egg
• 10 g baking powder (.35 oz)
• Lemon peel from 1 organic lemon
• 1 spoon vanilla sugar
• 800 g cherries (28.2 oz)
Preheat the oven at 180°C – 355°F
Prepare the cherry cake:
• Wash and stone the cherries, if you are using fresh fruits.
• Beat the butter with powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add egg yolks, one at a time, scraping from time to time the sides of the bowl, and mix into a smooth batter. Add the egg and mix well.
• Add the grounded almonds, flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, lemon peel and mix until the batter is smooth.
• Pour the batter onto a greased and flowered rectangular form. The dough will be very thick so use a spatula or a knife to even it out. It will also be relatively thin when spread out (1 cm), but don’t worry it will double its height.
• Place the cherries on top and bake 60 minutes at 180°C. Check for doneness with a long metal stick, if the end of the spike has some dough on it, bake for 10 minutes more.
One can use this easy cake recipe for a fruit cake with bananas, apricots and peaches.
Click here to rate this easy cake recipe
Return from Cherry Cake Recipe to Fruit Cake Recipe Collection.
Return from Best Fruit Cake Recipe to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage