Easy to Make Applesauce Cake Recipe
Best apple cake recipe with whipped cream icing
This applesauce cake recipe is little different than most of my fruit cakes. This apple cake recipe has whipped cream icing on top, making this cake a little festive. If you need easy to make cakes that should be moist and look good, then you have to give this one a try.
If you like apples and have an apple tree in your backyard, like plenty of people in Germany do, you need plenty of apple cake recipes.
Since this apple cake recipe is with frosting, you can make as a birthday cake, or any other special occasion cake.
You can decorate it any way you want and still have a "healthy" cake … as healthy as a good cake can be.
Applesauce Cake Recipe
For the apple cake:
• 1 can condensed sweated milk
• Same volume of natural yogurt (I pour the yogurt into the empty can to measure it)
• 1 table spoon of vanilla sugar
• 1 table spoon of lemon concentrate
• 2.5 – 3 cups of flour (depending on the size of the milk can)
• 1.5 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1.5 kg apples (3.3 lbs)
• 4 table spoons of lemon juice
• 5 table spoon of sugar
• Pinch of cinnamon
• 750 ml whipping cream (3 cups)
• 6 table spoons powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 170°C – 340°F
Prepare the cake:
• In your mixing bowl, mix the flour with baking soda.
• Add the milk, yogurt, vanilla sugar, and lemon concentrate. Mix well. The dough will be thick but it should slowly flow out of the mixing bowl.
• Pour the batter onto a buttered and flowered rectangular form (the one you put directly into the oven); you might need to use a spatula to spread the batter evenly.
• Bake 30 minutes at 170°C (340°F). The cake should be golden brown.
• Cool off the cake.
• Level the cake so that you get a large rectangle, max 3/4 of an inch thick. You have to cut off the top, since the cake filling has to soak through. If you leave it unleveled, then the cake will not be as moist as it should be.
Prepare the filling:
• Peel the apples and remove the core and chop into small pieces.
• Move the apples to a pot, add 1/3 cup of water, cinnamon*, sugar, and lemon juice.
• Cook covered around 10 minutes, until the apples turn soft. Take it off the heat and let it cool off.
• Mix the whipping cream with powdered sugar and whip stiff.
• Cut the leveled cake in half; smear half of the apple mixture and then half of the whipping cream on one part and cover with the other.
• Smear the top with the other half of the apples and frost with the remaining whipping cream.
• Place the cake into a fridge. It tastes best after 12 hours when the juices from the apples soaked the cake through. Enjoy.
*If you like cinnamon, you can add more. You can also bake it in a round 10” or 12” form and cut the cake in two layers
Click here to rate this apple cake recipe
Return from Applesauce Cake Recipe to Fruit Cake Recipe Collection.
Return from Applesauce Cake Recipeto Easy Cake Recipes Homepage