Yeast Recipe For Cheese Cake
Looking for a unique yeast cake, try this Polish variation of easy cheese cake recipe.
This recipe for cheese cake offers a nice alternative to the regular cheese cake. Since it is based on a yeast cake, it has a fluffy bottom, in contrast to the crispy one from the American or the European cheesecake.
This easy cheese cake recipe will not disappoint you. The cake is relatively light, it stays fresh for a while when kept in a fridge, and just tastes great.
The cheese filling makes the cake moist. On the second day it tastes as good as on the first one. I even like it better on the second day, since by then the cheese had time to penetrate the bottom dough.
You can freeze the cake after baking it, but before doing so, I suggest cutting it into pieces. The cake tastes just as good when it is defrosted.
I like this variation very much since it is not as sweet as most cheese cakes are. I hope that you will enjoy this interesting recipe for cheese cake.
Recipe For Cheese Cake
For the cake batter:
• 500 g flour (3 1/3 cup)
• 150 ml milk (1 cup)
• 150 g sugar (3/4 cup)
• 100 g butter (3.5 oz)
• 6 egg yolks
• 40 g live yeast (compressed yeast) (1.4 oz)
• Pinch of salt
• 1 egg
• 500 g quark or 450g ricotta and 50g sour cream (together 1.1 lb)
• 50 g butter (1.8 oz)
• 5 egg yolks
• 2 egg whites
• 150 g powdered sugar (5.3 oz)
• 1 spoon vanilla sugar
• 50 g candied orange peel, chopped (1.8 oz)
Prepare the yeast batter:
• Using a spoon, mix the compressed yeast with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
• Add warm milk and 150 g of flour(1 cup).*
• Mix well, cover with a clean cloth and let it grow in a WARM place (the temperature will speed up the growth process). This will take between 15 to 30 minutes.
In the meantime:
• Beat the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar so that the color of the mixture is bright yellow.
• When the yeast mixture has doubled its volume, add the beat egg yolks, flour, vanilla sugar, a pinch of salt, and knead to smooth dough. Use the hook attachment on your electric mixer. This is easier when you have a table top mixer like “KitchenAid.”
• When you see air bubbles in the dough, slowly add melted butter. Make sure to add really warm butter since that speeds up the growing process.
• Mix for 10 to 15 minutes longer. The longer one mixes a yeast cake, the fluffier it will be in the end.
• Cover the dough with a clean cloth and let it grow. It should double its volume. This may take up to 1 hour.
*You can simplify this process by heating the milk in a larger measuring jug in a microwave. When the milk is warm, dissolve the yeast in it, add sugar and flour and mix well. Let it double its volume in the measuring jug. This way you are saving on cleaning pots.
Prepare the cheese filling:
• If you don’t have access to quark, mix the ricotta with the sour cream.
• Beat the egg yolks with sugar until they turn bright yellow.
• In a separate bowl, whip the butter and while mixing add the cheese, vanilla sugar, and the egg yolks mixture.
• Whip the egg whites stiff.
• Add the egg whites and orange peel to the cheese mixture and mix it with a spatula.
Preheat the oven to 170°C – 340°F
Set up the cake:
• Spread 2/3 of the dough onto a battered and flowered rectangular pan.
• Smear the cheese mixture on top of it.
• Form long thin round noodles from the rest of the dough and make a grid from them on top of the cheese mixture. It is easiest to roll the dough into one long wide stripe and then cut with a knife 1/2 cm (1/8 of an inch) wide stripes.
• Smear the grid with slightly beat egg and bake at 170°C (340°F) for 40 minutes. If the stripes after the first 30 minutes of baking become brown, lower the temperature to 160°C – 320°F for the last 10 minutes.
• Take it out from the oven and let it cool off on a cake rack
• Once the cake has cooled off, cut it into squares. Enjoy.
This recipe for cheese cake comes from “Najlepsze przepisy kuchni polskiej” by Marek Lebkowski.
Click here to rate this easy cake recipe
Return from Recipe for Cheese Cake to Cake Yeast recipes.
Return from Recipe for Cheese Cake to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage