Cranberry Upside Down Cake Recipe
Try this cranberry cake next time you need a traditional Christmas cake recipe
This cranberry upside down cake is so moist, and so good that you just have to try it. This was my first cranberry cake that I've baked. It was a total success.
This cranberry cake recipe makes a cake with a crunchy top and an unbelievably soft middle. The first word that I uttered after taking one bite was "wow.“ I hope that that explains everything.
Cranberries are usually available in the fall, making any cakes and cookies with them appropriate for Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you need a traditional Christmas cake recipe, then you should give this one a try.
Make sure to use only good cranberries, since sometimes when you buy them fresh, some of them might be bad. If you miss some, and bake with spoiled cranberries, you will taste it in the cake.
I really hope that you will enjoy this cranberry upside down cake recipe.
Cranberry Cake Recipe
For the Cranberry Cake Crust:
• 5 tablespoons of butter (70 grams)
• 2/3 cup (140 grams) light brown sugar
• 8 oz. (227 grams) fresh cranberries
For the cake batter:
• 1 1/3 cups (200 grams) flour
• 2 teaspoons of baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 cup of butter (113 grams)
• 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup of milk (125 ml)
• 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
Prepare the cake:
• Grease and flour a 9 inch (22 -23 cm) spring pan.
• Wash the cranberries, check for spoiled ones and if you find some, throw them away.
• Melt the butter in a small sauce pan, add the sugar and stir until the sugar has started to caramelize.
• Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, sprinkle evenly the cranberries on top.
• Mix the flour with baking powder and salt using a whisk.
• Beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add the vanilla extract and scrape the sides to make sure that the batter is mixed evenly.
• Add the egg yolks, one at a time. Mix well.
• Add 1/3 of the flour, then half of the milk, then again 1/3 of the flour, milk, and the rest of the flour.
• Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until they hold stiff peaks when the beater is slightly raised.
• Using a spatula, fold the egg whites into the cake batter.
• Pour the cake batter onto the cranberry-sugar butter bottom.
• Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25-35 minutes.
Click here to rate this easy cake recipe
Return from Cranberry Upside Down Cake to Christmas Baking Recipes.
Return from Cranberry Upside Down Cake to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage