Try this best coffee cake easy recipe next time you have guests over.
I made this best cinnamon coffee cake recipe for a Tupperware party. The guests loved it and some asked for this coffee cake easy recipe. I hope that you will also like it and serve it often to your coffee guests.
For this best coffee cake recipe you need two spoons of cinnamon, and that may seem like a lot, but it is not, so don’t worry. The cinnamon does not overwhelm the whole cake, it makes it just perfect.
This coffee cake easy recipe makes a big cake, so don’t try to fit it in a small baking pan. I baked this cake in a 28 cm (11 inches)Wilton Nonstick Fluted Tube Pan
and it was just right.
If you don’t have a tube pan, you could easily bake the cake in a rectangular pan. The only adjustment would be the baking time and the fact that you would not be able to get the cinnamon-nut filling inside the cake. You would have to sprinkle it on top. Of course, you can bake it as well in a regular round form.
I really enjoy eating this cake with good cup of coffee or a cappuccino and I hope that you will also be happy with it.
Best Cinnamon Coffee Cake
For the cake batter:
• 225 g butter (2 sticks)
• 550 g sugar (2 ¾ cups)
• 4 eggs
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 500 ml (2 cups) of sour cream
• 175 g (6.2 oz) of chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
• 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
• 600 g flour
Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F)
Prepare the cake:
• Using an electric mixer, mix the butter with 400 g (2 cups) of sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add the vanilla extract and one egg at a time. Make sure to mix well the batter. Scrape the edges of the mixing bowl to make sure that all ingredients are mixed in thoroughly.
• Mix into the flour the baking powder and baking soda.
• Add alternatively the flour and sour cream, mixing after each addition.
• In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the sugar (150 g – ¾ cup), nuts, and cinnamon.
• Grease a 28 cm – 11 inch tube pan and flour it.
• Pour 1/3 of the cake batter onto it, sprinkle with 1/3 of the cinnamon-sugar-nut mixture. Repeat layers two more times.
• Bake at 175°C (350°F) for about 70 minutes. Check with a long toothpick to make sure that the cake is done. Cool off the cake.
• Place a cake plate on top of the cake, invert and remove the cake pan.
If you are looking to try out some Christmas recipes then take a look at this wonderful Yule log.
Yule Log Recipe
Now is the time to make your own mincemeat since it takes 3 to 4 weeks to mature.
Start making Christmas cookies early on! Try these gingerbread cookies which are one of my favorites.
There is nothing better than a warm apple strudel served with vanilla sauce on a cold and foggy November day!
For those with overflow of apples my Polish “szarlotka” – apple cake – is just the right solution.
Apple Cake Recipe
Here is what one happy surfer
from Canada wrote:"I was very
happy to find your website. My
mother is Polish so I was very
happy to find some of your
recipes especially the poppy
seed strudel. My mother no
longer remembers how to make
it so now I can make it for her.
Thank you very much. Jan"