Best Lemon Cake Recipe for hot summer days.
Need lemon cake recipe? Try this refreshing and easy cake!
I have this best lemon cake recipe from my first cook book which I got as a wedding gift. It has a couple of lemon cake recipes, but this is my favorite one. I like this easy cake recipe since it is refreshing and quick to make.
I like my cakes a little sour and that is why this best lemon cake ended up being here. It is very easy to make and it tastes great and light.
The cake has a very refreshing taste and you can intensify the lemon taste by icing the cake with lemon icing (made from powdered sugar and lemon juice). It stays moist due to the lemon juice so you can enjoy it a little longer.
Make sure to keep it in a fridge. Enjoy my easy and tasty lemon cake recipe.
Best Lemon Cake Recipe
For the cake batter:
• 300 g flour (2 cups)
• 200 g butter (7 oz)
• 250 g powdered sugar (8.8 oz)
• 1 spoon vanilla sugar
• 4 eggs
• 4 lemons, organic
• 10g baking powder (.35 oz)
For the lemon icing:
• Lemon juice or lemon concentrate
• Powdered sugar
Preheat the oven at 180°C – 355°F
Prepare the cake batter:
• Pour boiling water on one lemon, dry it, and scrape the zest off.
• Squeeze the juice from four lemons and mix with the lemon zest. If you want more lemon taste then scrape the zest from more lemons. The original recipe called for zest from four lemons, but I found it to be too much.
• Beat the butter adding slowly sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add vanilla sugar, egg yolks, lemon zest and the juice. Mix well.
• Add flour and baking powder, mix well.
• Whip the egg whites stiff. Mix in the whites to the cake batter using a spatula.
• Pour the batter onto a greased and flowered long rectangular form and bake 1 hour at 180°C (355°F).
• You can ice the cake with a simple lemon icing if you like.
Prepare the icing:
• Place the sugar into a bowl and add slowly the juice while mixing. The amount of the sugar depends on the amount of the juice, so I recommend adding the juice to sugar, not the other way around.
• Once the mixture is liquid enough to be spread with a brush, apply it to the cake. If you add too much of the juice, simply add more powdered sugar. You can also substitute the lemon juice with lemon concentrate or any other fruit juice.
This best lemon cake recipe comes from “Najlepsze przepisy kuchni polskiej” by Marek Lebkowski
Click here to rate this easy cake recipe
Return from Best Lemon Cake Recipe to Fruit Cake Recipe collection
Return from Best Lemon Cake Recipe to Easy Cake Recipes Homepage